Australian Indigenous Cultural Awareness & Competency (AICAC)
AICAC is our flagship product which was produced, and jointly owned with our Partner – well renown Indigenous training organisation Corporate Culcha.
Some of the benefits of eLearning:
Simple, Flexible Logistics:
After location, time is the greatest limitation on learning. That goes for both instructors and students, each of whom has to be both available and aligned with the other for face-to-face instruction to occur. By removing that requirement, everyone involved can participate at a time, and for a period of time, that suits their schedule.
Immediate Results and Feedback:
Most online learning technologies integrate quizzes and other tools to more rapidly evaluate the pace of learning.
With clever design, user experience, and multimedia, online instruction can prove to be a rich and effective learning experience. You will get consistency in your training that you may not get from traditional methods.
Cost and time savings
Cultural Awareness and Competency eLearning program
The AICAC eLearning product is self-paced and can be fully integrated onto a client’s LMS. Alternatively, and ideally for smaller numbers, the program can be accessed by subscription via our platform. It is Scorm 1.2 compliant and utilises interactive progressive quizzes and assessments. This means access and learnings can be tracked if required. Real life role play examples and case studies are included to support employment, engagement, procurement, and customer service skill development. Our flexible program design allows for customisation and branding to meet the needs of your organisation, with your internal actions and initiatives socialised and embedded within program if required.
Key Features of the AICAC eLearning program:
Available for purchase via a one-off perpetual license or on a subscription (pay per user) basis with two streaming options:
1. for general staff (approximately 40 minutes)
2. for staff who manage, supervise or mentor Indigenous trainees or conduct community engagement activities (approximately 65 minutes).
Provides the first steps to Cultural Awareness and Cultural Competency within the workplace without impinging on Traditional Owners local awareness.
- Delivers examples of competency based practice via case studies, video interviews and role plays.
- Leaves participants with tools and skills they can use immediately in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Available for use either on your organisation’s LMS or via our platform.
- Participants progress at own pace.
- Narrated by Ernie Dingo.
- Can be branded to meet the needs of your organisation.
- Opportunity for customised slides highlighting client’s internal actions and initiatives to be embedded within program. For example, RAP initiatives, CEO Message, Our Action etc
- Includes specific cultural and historical information, cultural behaviours, issues and how these relate to employment, retention and customer service.
We are proud to say the following organisations have adapted our AICAC program to support their staff development or socialise their Reconciliation Action Plans and Indigenous initiatives…
NSW Office of Environment & Heritage
City of Whittlsea Council
Australian National Maritime Museum
Utils & Manufacturing
Finance & Legal
Community Sector Banking
Health & Education
Uniting Care Community